QuickBooks Error 15270 is a payroll error that occurs while updating the payroll in QuickBooks. This error creates a lot of problems for the QB users. Payroll is an essential aspect of QuickBooks. Updating payroll is important as updates are crucial for the proper functioning of any application. However, sometimes this situation can turn into an error. A few simple steps can help resolve this error. In this blog, we will see the causes and solutions for error 15270.
In case of any query for any of the steps given below, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at +1-800-579-9430.
Causes Of Error Code 15270 In QuickBooks
There are multiple causes associated with this error. Before we move to the solutions, it’s essential to understand the reasons. If you know the causes well, the solution won’t be hard that for you to figure out. Solutions aim to eliminate these causes. Some significant causes for this error are given below:
- Your internet connection got disturbed during the update process.
- The computer is infected with some major infection or virus.
- Internet Explorer is not your default browser.
- Old or expired Payroll subscription.
- Entering the wrong service key or Employer Identification Number.
Now that you have seen the causes, it becomes pretty simple for you to choose a solution. Know the reason well before trying out any of the answers.
Troubleshooting Methods For QB Error 15270
We have multiple causes for this error, due to which we have numerous solutions for one error. Solutions aim to fix the causes. Follow all the steps given below carefully. Know the cause for your error and try any one of the methods given below:
Method 1: Choose Internet Explorer As Your Default Browser
Since not having internet explorer as your default browser is one of the causes for this error, we can take a few simples steps to fix this problem:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear icon and click on Internet Options.
- In the Programs tab, click on Make Default.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 1603
Method 2: Check The Payroll Service Key
Wrong Payroll Service Key can trigger this error. You must check this key. To do so, implement the steps given below:
- Open QuickBooks. Move to the Employees tab and move your cursor to My Payroll Service and choose Manage Service Key.
- In the QB Service Key window, check your payroll service. Add the payroll service if it’s not listed.
- After edit, note the service key, then click on Remove.
- Click on Yes in the confirmation window.
- Now click on Add.
- Enter your correct service key and Federal EIN. Now hit Next and Finish.
- In the Payroll Update Window, click on OK. The payroll subscription should show an active status.
This blog discussed the solutions and causes for the QuickBooks error 15270. You can also try some other solutions, some of which are to verify payroll subscription, run QuickBooks Reboot.bat file, check internet connection, and rename Paysub.ini File on Windows. Try all these methods step-by-step.
For more information on QuickBooks, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at +1-800-579-9430.